If you want to submit an event for the calendar, please follow this link. Make sure you follow the instructions below when filling out the information. Unless you specify otherwise, this event will also go on the XR Cambridge Facebook page.
What to include in description
- Provide enough detail for the audience to understand the nature of the event, why it is happening and what the messaging is
- State what (if anything) the reader should bring with them
- Encourage reader to bring friends/family, and encourage sharing of the event, if appropriate
- Explain different roles for NVDA-trained non-NVDA-trained attendees if relevant
- Repeat the meeting point and time in the description
- Aim to use an upbeat tone to enthuse the audience
- Always add a description to images so that they can be read aloud by a screen reader (for users with visual impairment)
- Always include as many accessibility details for event venues as possible:
- Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
- Does the venue have a hearing loop?
- Does the venue have an accessible toilet?
- Is there parking nearby? Is it accessible parking?
- Please provide details of how to access the venue by public transport if possible
If there are any complexities to the event that are not covered by the instructions above, please get in touch at email@example.com